Monday, November 15, 2010

God Is Still There

"This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope. 
The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. 
'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul,
'Therefore I have hope in Him.'" 
Lamentations 3:21-24

In every life there comes a time of disappointment. It may come in the form of something we thought we would receive from God, such as a home, or job, or restored health. But then the house deal falls through, the company changes their mind about filling the position, the illness we thought was in remission returns. Or it may appear as the loss of someone close to us: a spouse, a child or other loved one. Oh, how our faith is tested then. We may ask, "What in the world are You doing, God?" And we may wonder if He really loves us. If He did, would He allow this pain into our lives? At times such as these, we must cling to everything we know about God; recalling His love, kindness and compassion. It may be necessary to write down all the incidents when God showed His faithfulness. When everything else vanishes, God is still there. When we recognize this truth, it is then that we confess, "God, You are all I need (my portion), and I choose to put my hope in You."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...