Saturday, November 27, 2010

Where Does My Help Come From?


"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
         From where shall my help come?
    My help comes from the LORD,
         Who made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

After my first husband died, I printed off the words of Psalm 121 and pinned them to the tack board next to my desk. They were a source of comfort and strength to me as I journeyed through grief. A constant reminder that God was there to help me; the same God that made heaven and earth. Think of the wonder and significance of that statement. If God can make the sky and land out of nothing, is He not able to make a way for us out of the darkness of our trials into the joy of His  glorious light?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...