Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our Hope In Painful Circumstances

"'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'"
Jeremiah 29:11

In the midst of painful circumstances we may feel like giving up. After the death of my first husband, I struggled with believing that the future held anything good for me. All I could envision was a lonely life without my best friend and lover. But God many years before had given me Jeremiah 29:11 as a promise. I never knew how much I would need those words until I became a widow. During the darkest days of grief I would cling to that scripture and trust that  He had not set me adrift on a sea of hopelessness. His hand was upon me and He did, indeed, have plans for my future. And not just random plans. They were specific plans He designed just for me. To benefit me and testify to HIs goodness. As one who has seen the truth of these words, I can say to anyone who is grieving today -- no matter what the reason -- trust Him with your future.  He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...