Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Letter to God

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, 
Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8



Today is Valentine's Day. Let's write love letters to God. I'll go first.

Lord, while I was a sinner, defying You and living a wicked life, You died for me. You hung on the cross and saw my sin, and You gave Your lifeblood to save me. This is love, Lord. This is pure and unadulterated love. The amazing love that would hold You to the cross as you saw my sin. You had the power to come down off the cross, but You stayed there to rescue me. This is far beyond any love a human could feel. Jesus, I love You.  I want to thank you, but  "thank you" is so inadequate. I don’t deserve You, but I am so grateful that You love me and died in my place. That is love. Perfect love. A love I can never repay. All I have to offer You is myself. Here I am, Lord. I am Yours. And for the one who doesn’t yet know You, I pray they will be awakened to the extent of Your love for them and in return they will give You their heart. For You died for them, too, Lord. That is how much You love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...