Thursday, March 3, 2011

Go Straight to the Top

"Now, O LORD our God, I pray, deliver us from his hand that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You alone, O LORD, are God." 
2 Kings 19:19

I have a dear friend who suffers from a debilitating disease.  As every day is a struggle for her, I continually lift her up in prayer.  She sent me an email this morning with the comment, "People often look at prayer as a last result. I look at it as my first response. Why deal with the middle man. I like to go straight to the top." Hezekiah was a godly King. Unlike his evil father, Hezekiah revered the Lord and restored worship of Him to Judah.  But when the Assyrian king attacked his country, Hezekiah failed to first seek God and instead placated his enemy with gold from the temple.  Unsatisfied, the Assyrian king came back with another threat.  Only then did King Hezekiah turn to the Lord in prayer.  God heard Hezekiah's prayer and delivered him from his enemies in a remarkable way (19:35-37).  Don't delay when trouble surrounds you, as King Hezekiah did. Go straight to the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...