Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pray for Japan

"Do not fear, for I am with you;
         Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God 
         I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
         Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." 
Isaiah 41:10

Another natural disaster struck our world this week. The earthquake and tsunami in Japan took many lives and left thousands of people homeless and without food and basic necessities. This is a time for Christians everywhere to pray for Japan. A good place to begin is to pray scripture.  We can ask God to give courage to the victims and to make His presence known. To strengthen each person and carry them when they are too weak to go on. As God moves to answer our prayers, He may call on each of us to help the Japanese in a particular way. Let's be open to the Holy Spirit's prompting. We may be the answer to our own prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...