Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sing Like David

But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, For You have been my stronghold. And a refuge in the day of my distress.
Psalm 59:16

David wrote this psalm when Saul was trying to kill him. He knew from where his protection would come. The psalm begins as a prayer for deliverance and ends as a song of praise. David was in distress, but in the morning he would sing of  God's strength and lovingkindness. He knew God would deliver him. He had always been his stronghold and refuge, and He would continue to be so. We can follow David's lead and sing these words of praises to the Lord. For surely His strength and lovingkindness is as certain for us today, as it was for David.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...