Thursday, April 21, 2011

Glorious Hope


"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14:1-3

Here is our blessed Savior, eating the last supper with His disciples in the shadow of the cross. In a few hours one of the twelve will betray Him and He will taste the bitterness of Calvary. But for now He is focused on comforting those closest to Him, promising them that even though they will be separated from Him, He will take care of them. He is going to prepare a place for them, that they will one day be with Him in Heaven. What a beautiful picture of the compassion and love of our Lord, always putting others before Himself. Even facing His own death, He gave hope to His disciples. We can share in that hope today. The promise He made to His disciples that night in the upper room, belongs to us, too. Christ will come back and take us home. What a glorious day is ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...