Friday, April 8, 2011

Standing Blameless


"Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen."
Jude 1:24-25

I’m so glad my entrance into God’s presence doesn’t depend upon my own “righteousness”. If it did, I’d be sunk. For there are far too many times when I fail to live up to His standards. But praise be to God for Jesus Christ, my Savior. He is able to help me stand firm against the weapons of the enemy, that cause me to stumble. And one day I will stand blameless before God the Father. Not because of anything I’ve done, but because of what Christ did on my behalf. This is all for His glory, and yet the benefits to me are incredible: eternal life; power to live victoriously over sin as I submit to the Holy Spirit, peace in the midst of turmoil. Even now I feel great joy in this knowledge, and it makes me love our majestic God all the more. 

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...