Friday, May 13, 2011

Make It Sweet

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place."
2 Corinthians 2:14

There is a responsibility that comes with being a follower of Christ. God desires for us to be His ambassadors, to spread the sweet aroma of His love and grace wherever we go. Each day we encounter people or situations that may annoy us. In those times we have a decision to make. Either we'll remember Who we belong to and choose to exhibit patience and kindness, leaving behind a sweet fragrance. Or we'll give in to the temptation of satisfying our own flesh and respond in frustration or even anger, leaving behind a foul odor. So, the question is, do you want spread a sweet aroma for Christ today? Or a nasty smell?

2 comments:

  1. I think about that often and sometimes, as we well know, it can be quite difficult. My heart wants to give a sweet aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Sue. Sometimes it is difficult. One day this week I was trying to reach a customer service person in a home improvement store to check on an order that was late. Between my call getting misdirected four times, dropped two times and placed on hold 8 times, I was getting pretty steamed. If it weren't for the Holy Spirit clearly reminding me to stay calm, I probably would have given in to my "natural man".

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...