Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Would We Still Love Him?


"Though the fig tree should not blossom 

And there be no fruit on the vines, 
Though the yield of the olive should fail 
And the fields produce no food, 
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold 
And there be no cattle in the stalls, 
Yet I will exult in the LORD, 
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation." 
Habakkuk 3:17-18


This is a challenge to everyone who claims to love the Lord. Who say He is the King of their hearts. If everything was taken away from us, would we still love Him? Of course, we can never know for sure until disaster strikes and all is lost. I have heard missionaries to third world countries say that the poorest Christians there are the happiest. Though we may never be tested to the degree those impoverished believers are, we would be wise to petition the Lord for the strength of faith and trust they exhibit through their joy.

2 comments:

  1. I am really struggling with pain, but I know the Lord loves me and hears my prayers. I love the song "Yet I will praise thee." It can be very tough when you are struggling, but He is my God and I love Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are in pain, Sue. Be assured that you are an encouragement to all those who witness your praises, especially in the midst of your pain. You are in my prayers, with much love.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...