Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Only Way

"About that time there occurred no small disturbance concerning the Way."
Acts 19:23 

This morning I hiked to Loch Vale with friends. I had lagged behind taking photographs and lost sight of them before I got to the lake. Thinking they had gone to the right, I started down that path. Suddenly I saw a woman with a blue shirt on the other side of the lake, and I realized my companions were going the opposite direction. I was going the wrong way!  After Jesus ascended to Heaven, His disciples began preaching about "the Way". It was a name given to Christianity. Jesus had said He was the way, the truth and the life, and that no one could come to the Father except through Him. I could have stayed on the path I was on this morning and eventually met up with my friends. It would have taken me a while,  but I would have gotten to my destination. Not so with the way to eternal life. There is one spiritual path only. Taking any other path won't get you to God. Jesus is The Way. The only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...