Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You Follow Me!

So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, “Lord, and what about this man?” Jesus said to him, “If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!”
John 21:21-22

Perhaps one of the more difficult realities to accept in the Christian life is how the Lord deals differently with each Christian. In His sovereignty, He decides which spiritual gifts we will receive, the length of our days and how we will serve Him. Like Peter, we may compare our situation to that of another of God's children and ask, "Lord, what about him?" Or maybe our question is, "Lord, what about me? Why don't I have what she has?" As long as we keep our eyes focused on others, instead of Christ, we will miss what He has prepared for us. Not only that, but we will completely overlook the blessings we already have. The Lord says, "Don't worry about what I'm doing with others. You follow me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...