Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Lord is My Lamp


“For You are my lamp, O LORD; 
And the LORD illumines my darkness."
2 Samuel 22:29


There is a kind of darkness of the soul that is very personal. It may come through death or a broken relationship. Through ill health, financial ruin or some other tragedy. In this pitch black darkness we have never felt more alone. If we were to name it, we would call it "my darkness." But praise the Lord that He is able to penetrate "my darkness" with His glorious light. He who agonized in the Garden of Gethsemane, in the shadow of Calvary, understands our pain as no one else can. "And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground" (Luke 22:44). Christ knows. He understands. He experienced the "my darkness" of death, but overcame it with the glorious light of His resurrection. Living in this truth we don't need to cower in the dark. Instead, we can say: The Lord is my lamp. The Lord illumines my darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...