Friday, December 2, 2011

Advent Reflection

A voice is calling, “Clear the way for the LORD in the wilderness; Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God." 
Isaiah 40:3

Seven centuries before John the Baptist's (baptist meaning "an immerser") birth, Isaiah prophesied that John would come to prepare the people to receive Jesus Christ the Messiah. John preached a message of repentance, of turning away from sin and turning to God. As we enter this Advent season, we have a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the condition of our  hearts and repent of anything that stands between us and the Lord. "Examine me, O LORD, and try me; Test my mind and my heart." (Psalm 26:2) Let's clear the way for the Lord to do a great work in us this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...