Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Only Door

"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture." 
John 10:9

Jesus gives an incredible invitation to sinners in this verse: Come to me and be saved. He will never force Himself on anyone, but everyone is welcome to enter into His rest. Jesus says, "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me  — watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly" (Matthew 11:28-30 The Message). People fight and wrestle to find some other door to God when Jesus showed us the one and only door is Him. Now knowing this is not the same as entering through the door. The door is open as long as we have the breath of life, but we have to make a conscious decision to walk through it. On which side of the door are you standing?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...