Thursday, February 2, 2012

God Taught

"I have not turned aside from Your ordinances, 
For You Yourself have taught me." 
Psalm 119:102

I visited a blog today where the woman had a list of "self help" books that she recommended. Honestly, I steer as far away from the self help section of the bookstore as I possibly can. This wasn't always the case. There was a time before I turned to God when I read a long list of books filled with human wisdom. Trouble is, the wisdom changed from author to author, and each new book promoted whatever pop psychology was prominent at that moment in time. It was an exhausting experience. Then God called me. I answered and began to study His word. At last I found the truth. And the truth set me free of the endless search for help, just as Jesus said it would." (John 8:31-32). Solomon -- the wisest man who ever lived -- said, "There's no end to the publishing of books, and constant study wears you out so you're no good for anything else. The last and final word is this: Fear God. Do what He tells you." (Ecclesiastes 12:12-13 The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...