Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Magnet

"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” 
John 12:32

Jesus foretold of His own death: that of being lifted up from the earth on a rugged cross. The cross on which He would pay the price for the sins of all men and all women. The Jews, the Gentiles. All people. There is no greater love than this. There is no greater truth than this, that "God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. That whoever believes in Him will not perish but will have everlasting life."  Christ died for us and this proof of His love draws us. But knowing that He died for us is not enough. We must receive Him as our Savior and place our trust in Him for our salvation.  ". . . what is it about His death that makes it the magnet that will draw all men? Men are drawn by cords of love. They may be driven by other means, but they are drawn only by love. And what is it that makes Christ’s death the highest and noblest and most wonderful and transcendent manifestation of love that the world has ever seen, or ever can see? No doubt you will think me very narrow and old-fashioned when I answer the question, with the profoundest conviction of my own mind, and, I hope, the trust of my own heart. The one thing that entitles men to interpret Christ’s death as the supreme manifestation of love is that it was a death voluntarily undertaken for a world’s sins."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...