Friday, April 20, 2012

Read and Heed

"Listen, O my people, to my instruction; 
Incline your ears to the words of my mouth."
Psalm 78:1

The roadways in the mountains where I live are filled with sharp curves. There are road signs posted along the way that warn me to slow my speed and use caution as I navigate the twists and turns. The purpose of the signs is to safely guide me to my destination. However, just having them there won't help me. I must pay attention to them. God's word is like those yellow cautionary road signs. It has been preserved over the centuries, in the Bible, to guide us and direct us safely to our heavenly destination. But it's up to us to read the scriptures and heed them. Just as the road signs won't protect us if we ignore them, so God's instructions won't protect us if we refuse to obey what He says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...