Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Pearl of Great Value


“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it."
Matthew 13:45-46

For the one who seeks eternal life Jesus Christ is more valuable than anything else. Although salvation can never be bought, when the Savior is found by the seeker he or she would gladly give up everything to possess a relationship with Him. Paul wrote in Philippians 3:8 "I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ." Jesus is the pearl of great value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...