Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Blessed Ones


Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing." Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."
John 20:27-29


Jesus' reaction to the doubt of Thomas is a wonderful example of the Lord's patience and grace. Instead of chastising Thomas for his unbelief, Jesus gives him the proof he asked for (see John 20:25). Thomas immediately makes a profession of faith, Jesus is his "Lord and God". The Lord is not put off by those who find it difficult to believe His testimony, but He does commend those who accept Him on faith alone, "Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...