Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trust Him

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." Job 13:15a

My first husband was diagnosed with a serious heart condition in 1995. Four years later he was hospitalized for two weeks in the cardiac ICU. After he came home, he suffered a stroke and was readmitted for another week. The prognosis for his recovery was poor. I remember one night my pastor called to check on me. He asked "How are you dealing with this?" I answered, "Even if the Lord slays me, yet will I trust Him." In my own understanding I could never have said those words. In my own strength I never could have endured the uncertainty of my future. My husband recovered and lived eight more years. Then the Lord took him home. Once more, Job's words came to me through the veil of darkness, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." Dear one, I don't know where you are today or what heartache you may be enduring, but I want you to know that God loves you deeply and no matter what happens to you, you can trust Him. I know this not only because I believe God's word that He is trustworthy, but because He's proven to me that He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...