Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eager Expectation

"In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;
         In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." 
Psalm 5:3


The majestic bull elk stands there in the early morning light, watching and listening. His harem is grazing under his attentive eye. All except one cow. She stands with her head held high, looking off into the distance as if she knows something the other females don't. So much of this scene reminds me of Psalm 5:3. The Lord is ever alert.   Even in the early morning hour, when others might be sleeping, the Lord is watching and listening. When I call to Him, He recognizes my voice immediately. I place my requests before Him and then look expectantly to see Him work in my life. Do you pray with a ho-hum attitude, not really expecting great things from God? Or do you pray in eager expectation of how He will answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...