Monday, October 4, 2010

In the Valley of Weeping


"Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
       who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
 As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
       they make it a place of springs;
       the autumn rains also cover it with pools. 
 They go from strength to strength,
till each appears before God in Zion."   

Psalm 84:5-7
When my first husband of 37 years was suddenly called home to the Lord, I thought my broken heart would never mend. Many nights I would come home from work and collapse on the living room floor, the tears flowing down my cheeks and dampening the carpet under me. I was in the "Valley of Baca", what Bible scholars refer to as the "Valley of Weeping". If it were not for the strength I received from God, I surely would have stayed right there on the floor. But I had set my heart on walking with Him through my journey of grief and He was faithful to cover my barren soul with pools of living water. He gave me grace upon grace to rise up in the midst of deep sorrow and find joy. God will continue to take me from strength to strength until one day I appear before Him in Heaven. He will do the same for you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...