Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lasting Peace


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

This morning my husband and I walked through Endo Valley in Rocky Mountain National Park, taking photos of the beauty we surveyed. It was so peaceful there. Except for the occasional bull elk bugling in the distance or bird twittering nearby, the only sound came from water rippling through the stream. It's easy for me to feel at peace out there, in the midst of God's pristine creation. But what about when I get back home to the dusty reality of life? Terrorism, a bad economy, friends who are ill or out of work, family members with financial needs. All these things threaten my peace. But the Lord says not to be anxious about such things. Instead, take all these problems to Him in prayer, and with a thankful heart (realizing the many blessings I do have and thanking Him for them) ask Him for help with these problems. Then God's peace, which is greater than the peace I felt this morning in the Park, will quiet my heart and mind. Thank you, Father, for this reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...