Friday, December 10, 2010

Souls In Despair

"O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
         Let them bring me to Your holy hill
         And to Your dwelling places. 
    Then I will go to the altar of God,
         To God my exceeding joy;
         And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God.
Why are you in despair, O my soul?
         And why are you disturbed within me?
         Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him,
         The help of my countenance and my God." 
Psalm 43:3-5

Life is filled with struggles. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. When we are In the midst of a trial, we long for the reassurance that God is near; that He hears us and has not turned away. After my first husband died, I wrestled with feelings of abandonment. It seemed my prayers bounced off the ceiling and fell to the floor, unable to reach the God that I love so dearly. My soul was in despair. Pain, whether emotional or physical, can create a barrier between us and God. It is during such times that we must rely on the truth of God's word and not our feelings. Feelings come and go, but God's truth is eternal. Like a beacon it leads us through the darkness into His glorious light, where we can again praise Him. He is our exceeding joy and the One who returns peace to our hearts and minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...