Monday, January 31, 2011

"I Was Just Thinking Of You"


"How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
         How vast is the sum of them! 
    If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand 
         When I awake, I am still with You."
Psalm 139:17-18

Most likely all of us have heard the words, "I was just thinking of you" when we initiate contact with a friend or family member. Or we have said those words ourselves upon hearing from someone. The phrase is typically said with surprise, as if we didn't expect the other person to have us on their mind. Isn't it amazing that God always has us on His mind? David said God's thoughts toward him were vast, innumerable and unending. Think about it. God never stops thinking about you. Never. Even if you aren't thinking of Him. Imagine if you were to say to the Lord, "I was just thinking of you." His response would be, "I've never stopped thinking about you...and I never will." Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...