Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Lord's Hands


"The right hand of the LORD is exalted;
         The right hand of the LORD does valiantly."
Psalm 118:16


The Bible speaks often of the right hand of the Lord. He defends with His powerful right hand (Ex 15:6). Lightning flashes from His right hand (Deut 33:2). Eternal pleasures are in His right hand (Ps 16:11). There is refuge in His right hand (Ps 17:7). His right hand sustains (Ps 18:35). There is saving strength in His right hand (Ps 20:6). He discerns by His right hand (Ps 21:8). His will is accomplished with His right hand (Ps 44:3b). His right hand holds those He loves (Ps 73:23).  He provides land for His people with His right hand (Ps 78:54). He spread out the heavens with His right hand (Is 48:13). He swears by His right hand (Is 62:8). I love the right hand of the Lord, but I cherish the left hand of the Lord just as much. For the scar of Calvary's nail is on my Savior's left hand, too.

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting...and would give a left-handed person a complex perhaps....

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. As I was writing this I thought, "Lord, what about all the left-handed readers? How will the emphasis on your right hand make them feel?" So I did a Bible search for references to the left hand of God and basically found nothing. And that's when the thought of Jesus extending both His hands to be nailed to the cross -- his left, as well as His right -- came to me. And so, I believe His most valiant work required both hands. Thanks for your comment, Debbie, giving me an opportunity to expand on this thought. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...