Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Whiter Than Snow



"Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; 
   Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." 
Psalm 51:7


The Hebrews used hyssop in their sacred purification rites, and God instructed them to dip hyssop in the blood of a lamb, then wipe it on their doorposts as a sign to Him to pass over their homes during His righteous judgment against Egypt. This was a foreshadowing of the crucifixion. The blood of Jesus Christ, the precious Lamb of God, washes away the sin of all who receive Him as Savior. Jesus' blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).  It covers our sins and God's judgment passes over us. Where once we were stained with sin, now we are washed in the blood and made whiter than snow. I can't look at snow without thinking of Christ's amazing love and sacrifice.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...