Sunday, March 20, 2011

Prone to Wander


You will bring them and plant them in the mountain of Your inheritance,
         The place, O LORD, which You have made for Your dwelling,
         The sanctuary, O Lord, which Your hands have established.
    "The LORD shall reign forever and ever."
Exodus 15:17-18


Exodus 15 is a song of celebration in honor of what God had done. He had brought the Israelites safely out of Egypt and now would guide them to the promised land. Moses leads his people in praise and worship of God. But in a short time, when faced with discomfort, Israel would revert to grumbling and complaining against the Lord. I wonder how the Israelites could be so fickle, and then I consider my own wandering heart. When God is delivering me from some trial, it is easy to exalt Him, and I am confident that my praise won't fade. But it isn't long before something comes up that makes me doubt God's good intentions and I am prone to moan and groan. Thank God for His amazing grace. He gently points out my weakness and calls me into His glorious strength through Christ. The LORD is great and greatly to be praised. He reigns forever and ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...