Monday, April 25, 2011

A Humble Heart - God's Tool


When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
   “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
   Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
John 21:15

What a beautiful picture of the Lord's grace we see in the restoration of Peter. Even though he denied knowing the Lord three times -- just as Jesus said he would -- Christ didn't hold that against  Peter. Is it significant that the Lord asked Peter three times "do you love me?" I think it is. Jesus could see inside Peter's heart. He knew the sorrow that resided there over His friend's denial of Him. What Peter had done was a serious matter and for the disciple's sake  the Lord would not take it lightly. Peter had to face head on the sin he had committed in denying Jesus. His humble heart was imperative to Christ being able to use him to care for His followers and spread the gospel. A humble heart is always a required tool for God's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...