Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Scars of Love

Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" John 20:28

Thomas refused to believe the testimony of the other ten disciples that Christ had risen from the dead. We may criticize Thomas for his unbelief, but isn't that where we all start? At a point of disbelief? Someone shares the gospel of the risen Savior with us and we find it too hard to believe. Or we read the gospel account for ourselves and still waiver in doubt. I find it interesting that the proof Thomas demanded was the wounds of Jesus: His nail-scarred hands and His pierced side. One can only surmise why Thomas made such a particular request, but it does reveal to us that the wounds of Christ are still visible in His resurrected body. Upon seeing them Thomas proclaimed Jesus' deity: Lord and God. One day those of us who love Him will see the scars of His sacrifice for our sins. And when we behold those scars of love we, like Thomas, may cry "My Lord and my God!".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...