Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Joy of the Master

"Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much; enter into the joy of your master."
Matthew 25:21 

These are the words every follower of Christ should long to hear from Him. Affirmation from our Lord that we invested the gifts and talents He gave us to advance His kingdom. I have to admit that the temptation to satisfy my own desires with what I have received from Christ is great. And so this scripture is an important reminder to me that the Lord is the owner of what I have, not me. If I use my gifts for my own gain, then I will miss the joy of my master. What is this joy? Ray Steadman said, "In the book of Hebrews it is said of Jesus, 'who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God' (Hebrews 12:2). It is the joy of accomplishment the joy of achieving the results for which blood, sweat, and tears have been shed; the shouting joy of having satisfied the heart of God. It is an eternal joy, not passing in a moment as do our times of exultation, but remaining fresh and glorious forever." 










No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...