Monday, July 25, 2011

Standing Tall

"See those people polishing their chariots, and those others grooming their horses? But we're making garlands for God our God. The chariots will rust, those horses pull up lame—and we'll be on our feet, standing tall."
Psalm 20:7 (The Message)

The stock market is down, Congress and the President can't agree on a budget, jobless rates are increasing while home values are decreasing. Today's economic news is enough to make me want to find a hole, crawl in and pull the ground over me. But then I turn to God's word and find the truth of the matter. My trust is not to be in money, or which administration is in power. The Dow Jones and the value of my home don't determine my joy. My trust is in the Lord and my relationship with Him is my happiness. No matter where the economy goes, my God goes before me. He is with me. He loves me, and my future is secure in His hands.  I'm making a garland for my God. If the world collapses around me, I'll still be on my feet, standing tall with Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...