Monday, September 12, 2011

Abundant Comfort

 
 "For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ."
2 Corinthians 1:5

When I first became a Christian, I thought all my troubles would end. In truth, my greatest trials came after I gave my life to Christ. But through each sad event the Lord comforted me. The deeper my sorrow, the greater His solace. A. W. Tozer said, “Before God can use a person greatly, He must allow that person to be hurt deeply.” As much as we hate the process, the truth is we learn more about compassion and how to comfort others when we've been hurt ourselves and have experienced healing through Jesus. I do not believe for a moment that God takes pleasure in our pain, but He being omniscient can see the beauty and grace that will eventually come through our suffering, and can see us one day ministering to others with understanding and mercy. In that He takes great delight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...