Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sometimes We Need Help Casting

Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing."
1 Thessalonians 5:11


Today has been one of those days when I wanted to go back to bed and start over. First, I couldn't seem to get my brain in motion to write a devotional. Even after two cups of coffee, my brain cells wouldn't cooperate. Two hours later I was still staring at the screen. Then I looked at the clock and realized I had a meeting in 45 minutes, for which I needed to print a document. My printer had other plans. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to cooperate. Frustrated, I finally sent the document to my husband's email and he printed it with his printer. Watching me hurriedly prepare to leave the house, he could see my anxiety. He called me over, took my hand and prayed for me. A simple prayer asking the Lord to help me place the burden of my printer upon Him and restore my joy. Does God care about stubborn printers? You bet He does. He cares about everything in our lives, especially those things that rob us of our joy in Him. Sometimes, though, we get so focused on the source of our displeasure that we fail to look to the One who has told us, "Cast your burdens upon me, because I care for you." I'm so glad He uses other Christians to help us do the casting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...