Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From Scarlet to White

“Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.
“If you consent and obey,
You will eat the best of the land;
“But if you refuse and rebel,
You will be devoured by the sword.”
Truly, the mouth of the LORD has spoken.



The Israelites had abandoned God and become corrupt. Isaiah prophesied that severe judgment was coming to the Israelites because of their sins, but that God would forgive them and spare them if they would turn in repentance to Him.  This truth applies to the present time, as well. Our culture has become rebellious toward God and numb to sin. In fact, we no longer call sin by its true name. We call it "a bad habit" or "an addiction", "a failing" or "a mistake". Do we really think we're fooling God by such talk? The Bible says "God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil" (Ecclesiastes 12:14). Isn't it time we owned up to what we really are? Sinners in need of a Savior. I'm not ashamed to admit that without Jesus Christ in my life I'd be pretty rotten. I am by nature a critical, ungrateful, complaining and selfish person. And guess what? The Bible calls all those negative traits sin. But praise God I'm not a slave to myself and my sinful ways. I've been freed by the transforming power of the Holy Spirit living within me. And day by day He's changing me. Granted, I've got a long way to go and I'll never reach perfection this side of Heaven, but God is working in my life. And not just in mine, but in the lives of everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord for salvation and sanctification. God loves us. He forgives us when we turn from our sins and turn to Him. God makes our scarlet sins as white as snow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...