Monday, January 2, 2012

Tracking with God

"Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, 
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
Psalm 23:6

After every new snow at our homestead deer, rabbits, elk and who knows what else traipse through our yard, leaving fresh tracks. Sometimes I can't find an end to a particular path, especially a bunny track, and I wonder if a predator followed him and brought him to an early demise. In my own life there are times when I feel the hot breath of the enemy on the back of my neck and I am tempted to worry and fret about my future. But then I remember that only God's goodness and lovingkindness (mercy)  follow me when I walk with Jesus. He goes before me and behind me. All the days of my life. And should my life end, I will dwell with Him in Heaven forever. These aren't just some nice words that we often here quoted at a funeral. They are the promises of a God who loves us and wants us to spend eternity with Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...