Friday, March 23, 2012

God Is In the Battle

"Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, 
And my fingers for battle; 
Psalm 144:1

David's life was often threatened. First by wild animals in the field when he was a shepherd, then by Goliath, then by Saul, and finally even his own son set out to kill him. In each battle David did not rely on his own strength to save him, but trusted the Lord to deliver him from his enemies. God was faithful to do it. However, God saved David in the battle, not from the battle. In our own lives we may face challenges that threaten to undue us. We may ask God to remove the trial and He may oblige. But if He doesn't we can be assured that He will not abandon us. He is the rock who will be in the trial with us. His grace is sufficient. "there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.'” (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...