Tuesday, March 20, 2012

God's Gentleness

"You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, 
And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great."
Psalm 18:35


Psalm 18 is David's song of deliverance from his enemies. He begins it with declaring his love for the Lord. He recounts his salvation by God's hand. He recognizes that God is his protection; like a shield against the enemy. That it is God who helps him stand. And it is God's gentleness -- His humility to condescend to David -- that makes him great.  "David ascribes all his own greatness to the condescending goodness and graciousness of his Father in heaven. Let us all feel this sentiment in our own hearts, and confess that whatever of goodness or greatness God may have put upon us, we must cast our crowns at his feet and cry, 'thy gentleness hath made me great.'" (Charles Spurgeon).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...