Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Everlasting Foundation

"When the whirlwind passes, the wicked is no more, 
But the righteous has an everlasting foundation."
Proverbs 10:25

The Lord is an Everlasting Foundation for those who are righteous. And who are the righteous? Those who claim Christ as their Savior. What a relief to know that our righteousness doesn't depend on our goodness, but rather on the goodness of Jesus Christ. I know for myself there are far too many times when my pride and self-centeredness would count me among the wicked if it weren't for Him. When life becomes a whirlwind the wicked lack the foundation needed to stand through the storm. And when life here comes to a close, the wicked will face divine judgment and be blown away. But the righteous will stand firm in the Lord -- the Everlasting Foundation -- for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...