Friday, April 27, 2012

Fear Nothing

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, 
for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4

On his deathbed, British preacher Charles Simeon smiled brightly and asked the people gathered in his room, "What do you think especially gives me comfort at this time?" When they all remained silent, he exclaimed, "The creation! I ask myself, 'Did Jehovah create the world or did I?' He did! Now if He made the world and all the rolling spheres of the universe, He certainly can take care of me. Into Jesus' hands I can safely commit my spirit!" Simeon rested in the truth that even in death's shadow the Christian has nothing to fear. Jesus has promised never to leave us (Matthew 28:20). Nothing can separate us from Him. The Apostle Paul wrote:  "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)  Fear nothing. Jesus is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...