Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Fellowship of Saints


I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
I have no good besides You.”
As for the saints who are in the earth,
They are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.
Psalm 16:2-3

Yesterday I finished a 7-week Bible study with a group of women.  The leader hosted a delicious brunch, and as we enjoyed each other's company I thought of how blessed I am to have become acquainted with these lovely daughters of God. They are His "saints who are in the earth". The "majestic (i.e. "holy") ones" in whom I delight. They are holy with Christ's righteousness, and not their own. (Same goes for me.) When we enter into fellowship with God's saints we enter into fellowship with the Lord Himself (Matthew 18:20). His spirit lives in each one of us who call Him God and Father and there is a kinship among us that goes far beyond the bounds of this earth. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...