Friday, June 29, 2012

That's My God!


"Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God".
Psalm 43:4


God is ever present in the life of a Christian. To "go to the altar of God" means we humble ourselves and admit our dependency upon Him. When we do this and open ourselves up to His presence we find joy. For He is a personal God and He delights in us (Psalm 18:19, Zephaniah 3:17). The psalmist calls Him "my God". And when we can say God is "my God" we can also say He is "my exceeding joy". Exceeding = extraordinary, great, huge, vast, enormous, superior, excessive, exceptional, surpassing, superlative, pre-eminent. Wow! That's my God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...