Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Faith That Gets Jesus' Attention

“Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”  Luke 21:3-4

The poor widow's faith certainly got Jesus' attention. He commended her for her sacrifice.  He singled her out and compared her generosity in poverty to the generosity of the wealthy. What kind of faith does it take to place your last two coins in the temple offering? I've never been in this woman's position, so I can't say if my faith is that strong. I hope it is. I pray that it is. But whether I'm rich or poor,  I want to have the kind of faith that gets Jesus' attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...