Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Have You Been Found?

"For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
Luke 19:10

Jesus Christ came into this world to save sinners. They are the "lost" He came to redeem from Hell.  Many people don't see themselves as sinners and feel no need for a Savior. But 1 John 1:8 says, "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." Romans 3:23 tells us, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." The psalmist writes, "There is no one who does good, not even one (Psalm 14:3 ). 

"But if you say, 'I may have my faults, but I’m not lost,' then I cannot offer you a Savior. Jesus came to save the lost. If you say, 'I’m only human, of course, but I’m not a sinner,' then Christ did not come to save you. He came into this world to save sinners. If you say, 'I know that I have done plenty of wrong things, but I wouldn’t call myself ungodly,' then I’m afraid that Christ did not die for you. Scripture says that Christ died for the ungodly." -- Pastor Steven J. Cole

So it comes down to this, if you don't believe you're a sinner, then you've rejected Christ and His gift of salvation. You'll have to save yourself, which is impossible. For no one can live the perfect, sinless life that God demands of those who reject His Son. But "if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." Jesus is still seeking and saving the lost. Have you allowed yourself to be found? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...