Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jonah's Prayer

"But You have brought up my life from the pit, O LORD my God.
While I was fainting away,
I remembered the LORD,
And my prayer came to You,
Into Your holy temple." 
Jonah 2:6-7

In the  belly of the whale, Jonah cried out to the Lord. He was there because of his disobedience; because of his sin against God. Yet out of His love and grace, God delivered Jonah "from the pit." He didn't hold Jonah's sin against him, but regarded his sad state and gave him another chance. Jonah's humility moved God's heart. "Though we bring our afflictions upon ourselves by our sins, yet, if we pray in humility and godly sincerity, we shall be welcome to the throne of grace, as Jonah was." -- Matthew Henry 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...