Monday, July 4, 2011

Blessings Abound

"They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs; 
You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy."
Psalm 65:8

Last night several deer grazed in the meadow next to our home. I watched them from our bedroom window and wondered about one in particular -- a doe -- who seemed to be more alert to sounds than the others. It made me wonder if she had babies near by. Suddenly, I saw twin fawns walking out of the tall grass toward her. I grabbed my camera, quietly stepped outside and followed the fawns with my lens. What a joy it was for me to watch them frolic, as I snapped photo after photo. When the deer family finally left our area, I returned to the house and downloaded my photos. This one tugged at my heart. The carefree spirit of these fawns reminds me that I need to be more open to the joy God wants to bring me every day. His blessings abound, if I will only take the time to stop and notice them. Thank you, Lord, for bringing the fawns my way and causing my eyes to look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...