Friday, July 8, 2011

Stay Close

"Teach me Your way, O LORD, 
And lead me in a level path 
Because of my foes."
Psalm 27:11


A few days ago I snapped this photo of a mother elk and her baby. They had just passed a barking dog.  Although a fence separated the canine from the elk, the mother hurried to safer ground with the baby following close behind. When she stopped, her little one stopped. When she turned to the right, he did the same. The little elk knew the safest place to be was right beside mama. She would lead him away from harm. She would teach him how to avoid dangerous situations. This reminds me to stay close to the Lord and pay attention to His teaching. His words of wisdom keep me out of trouble.  They lead me to a safe haven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...