Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cherished Child


"O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;  Nor do I involve myself in great matters, Or in things too difficult for me. 
Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; 
Like a weaned child rests against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me." 
Psalm 131:1-2


Can you see the wisdom in the psalmist's words? When things happen we don't understand, the last thing we should do is harden our hearts toward God and snub Him, thinking we can figure things out on our own. Instead, we should remember that each of us is the Father's cherished child. He wants us to come to Him. To allow Him to take our burden and give us a composed and quieted soul. This phrase from the old hymn "What a Friend We Have In Jesus" says it so well:

Oh, what peace we often forfeit
Oh, what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and read each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...